We have lots planned for this meeting!
- Member Ginza prior to the program and meeting
- Installation of officers
- Martha Dykman, Stephanie English and Mary Melvin will demonstrate arrangements in containers they have made themselves. After the demonstration, members can try their hand on making their own containers.
- Those bringing our hospitality items are listed here.
- If it is your turn to bring an arrangement to the meeting, your name is on this list.
WHAT TO DO FIRST!
For the election:
Our board is only as effective as our members are willing to help. Please contact any member of the incoming slate of officers or the nominating committee and offer to serve on a committee. Your new board wants to have all the committees and their chairs set up before the end of the season. Please help them.
For the Member ginza:
- Please reserve a full or half 8 foot table in advance by contacting Martha Dykman.
- Bring your items to sell and have them priced. Bring smaller bills to make change for your customers.
If you have items that you wish to donate or perhaps sell to the ginza rather than sell yourself, contact Nancy Peterson, our ginza chairman.
For making your own container:
A workshop will follow and materials will be available for registered participants to try their hand at making their own container. Contact Martha Dykman to reserve your workshop space by March 23 and/or space for the member ginza. Workshop fee is $20.
VISITORS AND GUESTS
We meet at the Naples Botanical Garden in the Buehler Auditorium in the FGCU Research Center from 9:30-11:30AM. Our programs start with a small social period followed by a short business meeting and then our monthly program which often incorporates a workshop open to anyone who makes a prior reservation to take the workshop.
- 9:30AM – Friendship through Flowers social period
- 10:00AM – Business meeting
- 10:30-11:30 – Program
You do not have to be a member of the Naples Botanical Garden or pay an entrance fee to attend our meetings.
Please check out our monthly programs and experience the joy of ikebana and friendship through flowers.
If you are not a member of our chapter, but wish to attend any of our programs or events, please let us know you are coming by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to attend any two of our monthly meetings as our guest. Interested in joining? Click here for an application.
Click here for directions (The Kapnick Center address is 4940 Bayshore Drive, Naples FL 34112.) or on the icon below for information on the Naples Botanical Garden