We have an exciting array of flower arranging and cultural programs to enjoy this season. Click on any of the program dates below for additional details. Remember, all workshops require advanced reservations with Martha Dykman 239-263-1907. In addition, if you reserve a space for any workshop and then change your mind after the deadline, you are still responsible for payment as materials have been purchased.
If you wish to download a summary of our programs for your “gray binder”, click here and print one out for your personal use.
- Those bringing our hospitality items are listed here.
- If it is your turn to bring an arrangement to the meeting, your name is on this list.
Just click on any of the highlights words to be directed to the details for each event listed.
- We have two informal summer social gatherings. Click here for 2019 details.
- Nov. 13, 2019 – Welcome Back! – We reunite with our seasonal members and hope to share stories and pictures of an arrangement, garden, or special place that you have visited. We will also have a report on the North & Central American Regional Ikebana International Conference held in Dallas last month. Ginza will be available too! If you have some containers you wish to donate, now is the time to bring them! Then be sure to replace it by supporting our ginza.
- Dec. 4, 2019 – Ikebana at the holidays -Five of our members from our four Ikebana schools will make a seasonal arrangement. The demonstrators for this program are: Carol Brocklesby, Lee Ann Burr, Betty Magella, Marty Metzler, and Karou Sweet. A workshop on making a holiday table arrangement using holiday ornaments and plant material will follow. Let Martha Dykman know by November 25 if you wish to participate in the workshop for a fee of $10.00 fee. You will be notified of what to bring when you sign up.
- Dec. 11, 2019-47th Anniversary Tea – (Members only please – at Kathleen Hawryluk’s home). See tea page for details. Contact Helen Shavlik or Jessica Tesarik and let one of them know 1) if you can bring a food item, 2) if you can bring an arrangement or 3) just if you will be attending. Car pooling is essential!
- Jan 8, 2020 – Art in Bloom – This is a very popular way many chapters promote and express the Ikebana art form. At this meeting, Loris Dallal, Kristi Perrow, Karen Medford and Katie Tardio will challenge themselves to interpret a piece of art of their choosing using plant materials in an Ikebana design. This is the last opportunity to get the perfect container before the exhibit at our ginza. We don’t meet again before the exhibit.
Regardless of the program or the event,
we all enjoy our “friendships through flowers” experiences
Scroll down to see more programs for the 2019-2020 season.
- Feb. 6-8, 2020- See the Possibilities – our annual exhibit with ginza. Set up Thursday Feb. 6. Exhibit open to public Feb. 7-8. All important details on our website.
- Mar. 4, 2020 – Girl’s Day – Marcia Norberg and Roseanne Brandon will show us how Japan celebrates Girl’s Day in Japan. In addition, the nominating committee will present the slate of officers.
- Mar. 13, 2018 – Special luncheon with demonstrator Rehka Reddy from the Ohara School. We have a new venue – The Strand. Reservations open Nov. 1, 2019. Click here for a registration form for this event.
- Apr. 1, 2020 – Make your own container – Martha Dykman, Stephanie English, and Mary Melvin will make an arrangement in a container they made themselves and demonstrate how they made it. A workshop will follow and materials will be available for registered participants to try their hand at making their own container. In addition, we will elect and install our 2020-21 officers. The meeting will begin with our ever popular member ginza. Contact Martha Dykman to reserve your workshop space by March 23 and/or space for the member ginza. Workshop fee is $20.
- May 6, 2020 – Creating with Washi– Creating art cards with art materials and Japanese paper. A workshop will follow the program. Deadline for signing up for the workshop is April 28 and the fee is $15. Contact Martha Dykman to register for the workshop.